Re: [Xen-users] XCP and Gluster

To: Mike McClurg <mike.mcclurg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XCP and Gluster
From: Scott Damron <sdamron@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 09:28:06 -0500
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 07:29:40 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=5D5d/7YJyhHgfpEVmXf+jscqEhM9xpwxVzGienkcXWI=; b=Cz6mf/m3zriXpT+fyPdrp2brL8htgky7ZUPC2PTJwU84QPdbjbSC4KQSzKKqfktxjn 1q/3prh334LRAPOLxlvW0DX3uwLov9r5V73HP50vpg9kwglqHbbuEjRdQk3w/kwUUB7R Qgt3nVILYNLNC48K34KOGI6on5rwN5/Tm6EIY=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I believe it would be, I really am just trying to avoid using iSCSI
due to overhead.  I also am struggling to understand XCP a bit I
guess.  Is it really just Xen with VSwitch, Vastsky and a few other
magic bits thrown in, or is it entirely something new that tools you
would normally use with Xen won't work with?  Does it use Vastsky and
VSwitch by default when you set up some systems, or do you have to
configure something special to make use of the switching and storage?

Thanks,

Scott