Re: [Xen-users] XCP and Gluster

To: Scott Damron <sdamron@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XCP and Gluster
From: Mike McClurg <mike.mcclurg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 14:46:35 +0100
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 06:48:02 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 06/04/2011 04:23 AM, Scott Damron wrote:
> I am interested in how Gluser and XCP would work together.  I see that
> Gluster says they support running as a VM in Xen, but does XCP support
> connecting to a Gluster presented volume for booting and running VMs?
> Any good technical details would be greatly appreciated.
>
> TIA,
>
> Scott

I haven't used Gluster at all yet, but I've been meaning to give it a try on
XCP to see what I can do with it. Does Gluster allow you to share a volume as
NFS? If that were the case, then XCP could use the Gluster NFS share as an SR,
and you'd have Gluster underneath your XCP VMs, without XCP having any idea.
Would this set up be helpful to you?

Mike