Re: [Xen-users] Research -> do participate.....

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Research -> do participate.....
From: "Rendon, Curtis" <Curtis.Rendon@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 13:33:49 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:34:06 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Message: 5
> Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:19:50 +0100
> From: Lars Stavholm <stava@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Research -> do participate.....
> To: anant <ANigam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> anant wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > This is simple research on the present situation of having
> windows OS on top
> > of XEN.
> > I have got to know that RedHat or SuSE etc doesnt support
> Windows as a guest
> > OS even if its fully virtualized.
> > But documentation over the net says that there are many
> people who have
> > successfully installed Windows OS on top of XEN, having
> LINUX as a host OS(i
> > am not sure about which linux version).
> >
> > So if you have got any information, even if you have not
> implement it, do
> > comment and those who have successfully installed it then
> do share it like
> > on which Host system it worked and all .

As a part of my testing effort of HVM at AMD I routinely test WinXPSP2EE
and Win2K3_Enterprise 32bit guests on xen-unstable and AMD xen builds
with the underlying Linux of the Dom0 of SuSE10.0. This includes 64bit,
32bit, and 32bitPae xen builds. The MS guests generally work fine,
keeping in mind I am trying to break them and my Linux guests ;-0

I have also tested both Microsoft guest versions on Rhel5B2 and
SLES10.2GMC with their own version of XEN with no problems.

Curtis

--
XEN of AMD

   Curtis W. Rendon