Re: [Xen-users] Improve performance of domain U

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Improve performance of domain U
From: Matthew Wild <M.Wild@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:27:00 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 04:27:10 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wednesday 06 September 2006 05:21, saptarshi naha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hans , I thinking of doing HA on 2 physical different servers after
> running xen. I havent completely figured yest, but I am guessing that
> both servers should be running xen , 1 being master and other being
> slave. As soon the master VM fails on 1 server through heartbeat slave
> VM from other server kicks in and is able to take over.
>
> I wanted to know if anyone done DRBD and wanted to know its
> performance  and also layering block devices?

We're using DRBD on separate servers and then exporting "disks" to the dom0s
for use in domUs via iSCSI. We use LVM on top of DRBD.

We haven't looked at using HA to maintain the domUs yet.

Matthew
--
Matthew Wild                       Tel.: +44 (0)1235 445173
M.Wild@xxxxxxxx                    URL http://www.ukssdc.ac.uk/