Re: [Xen-users] Improve performance of domain U

On Sunday 03 September 2006 8:11 am, saptarshi naha wrote:
> Not SURE, Can giving the MAC and IP address in the Xen configuration
> file make any difference to internal networking performance?

what does get much better I/O performance for DomUs is to make sure Dom0 is
always able to run.  For that, dedicate a CPU (or at least a hyperthread)
exclusively for Dom0.  even if your dom0 cpu usage is close to 0%, if it
doesn't have to fight for a CPU each time a DomU has to send an IP packet,
you'll get much higher I/O

another point: you say you're using GNBD to get network storage, but don't
mention if you run the GNBD client on dom0 or domU.  i guess you would avoid
a lot of domain switching if you run it on dom0 and export the block devices
to domU, not just the eth devices.

--
Javier