Re: [Xen-devel] do_domctl and EAGAIN

To: Juergen Gross <juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] do_domctl and EAGAIN
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 09:03:02 +0100
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 01:03:40 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 07/04/2009 08:41, "Juergen Gross" <juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Keir Fraser wrote:
>> Only DOMCTL_destroydomain returns EAGAIN. No domctl returns EINTR.
>
> do_domctl uses ioctl.
> ioctl can return EINTR if a signal is caught.

Our privcmd hypercall ioctl() is non-blocking and hence I don't think can
return EINTR. In fact ioctl() is used in loads of places throughout our
toolstack and in qemu, and I don't think EINTR is checked by any caller, nor
is EINTR mentioned in the ioctl man page.

 -- Keir