[Xen-devel] Problem with xen save/restore

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Sanjeepan, Vivekananthan" <vivekananthan.sanjeepan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 13:59:46 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:00:17 -0700

Hi there,

I have noticed a problem when saving and restoring a domain. I’m using xen-unstable on i386. In my setup the

network backend of a domain (domain A) is another guest domain (domain B) and

not dom0. When I save and restore domain A, it fails to re-establish the

connection to the network backend on domain B. The error message I get is:

vif vif-0: 2 reading other end details from device/vif/0

xenbus: resume (talk_to_otherend) vif-0 failed: -2

This error does not appear when the backend is dom0. I have all the xen scripts

in /etc/xen in domain B. Not sure why I am getting this error. It would be

great if someone can give me leads to solve the problem.

thanks,

Sanjee