Re: [Xen-users] Using xen in multihead distributed setup

To: John Preston <byhisdeeds@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Using xen in multihead distributed setup
From: Mike Lovell <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:24:11 -0600
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:24:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
John Preston wrote:
> I'm new to xen and hope that this question is not too daft but I just
> need a short answer. Can I run say four servers within xen on one box
> with 4 video cards, where each server is tied to one of the video
> cards, so I have a view of applications running on the various servers
> concurrently.

There is one of the CoolConfigurations on the Xen wiki that does
something similar to this.

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/CoolConfigurations?highlight=(cool)#head-f4e3242c0008f33dfe01a8467a011efad1723ad2

I haven't tried this but sounds like with enough hacking one can get it
to work. Although the author of the configuration wasn't very specific,
I am guessing he did PCI pass thru to a paravirtualized domain. It wont
work with Windows or a fully virtualized guest. But with some patience,
it might work. Again, I haven't tried this solution so it might be smoke
and mirrors.

Mike