Re: [Xen-users] xen on amd64 or intel

Seneca schrieb:
> Hello Fajar,
>
> I guess that would have worked, and if this would be a production
> server I would have given centos a try. However this is a development
> server and I wanted everything on debian to ease maintenance.
>
> But I wonder if this shared memory issue in mixed 64- and 32-bit
> domains persists in xen 3.0.2-2. Could anybody with such a setup
> please enter "ipcs -l" in a 32-bit domU and post the result?

Running freshly compiled xen 3.0.2-2 with same x86_64 Dom0 and DomU
Kernel 2.6.16.9.
Dom0 is SuSE 10.0 (64-bit), this vm03 is Debian sarge (32-bit):

vm03:~# uname -a
Linux vm03.schenk.aix.de 2.6.16.9-xen #1 SMP Thu Apr 20 19:52:30 CEST
2006 x86_64 GNU/Linux

vm03:~# ipcs -l

------ Shared Memory Limits --------
max number of segments = 4096
max seg size (kbytes) = 32768
max total shared memory (pages) = 2097152
min seg size (bytes) = 1

------ Semaphore Limits --------
max number of arrays = 128
max semaphores per array = 250
max semaphores system wide = 32000
max ops per semop call = 32
semaphore max value = 32767

------ Messages: Limits --------
max queues system wide = 16
max size of message (bytes) = 8192
default max size of queue (bytes) = 16384

Ralf Schenk
fon (02 41) 9 91 21-0
fax (02 41) 9 91 21-59
rs@xxxxxxxxxx