[Xen-users] Some xen server best practice setup questions

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Some xen server best practice setup questions
From: Simon <greminn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:36:44 +1200
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:37:15 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi There,

We are just testing our development xen server and have 4 domUs doing
various things. All running debian sarge. I have things pretty
slipstream now with creating and managing domUs and am quite happy so
far.

The plan so far is to replace our 6 physical servers with 2 xen
servers, one for live (primary) and one for failover (secondary), with
a 3rd for offsite backup (we have dedicated fibre from where the
primary and secondary are housed to the 3rd server which is in-house).

Whats now my best way of looking at how i store the domU data. What
should i be looking for as a setup for this? Im guessing that the best
way to do this is have the domU data stored on something that both
primary and secondary servers can access and simply boot the domUs on
the secondary server if the primary fails for any reason.

Then also, how to backup that data to the 3rd server?

Many thanks for any answers and suggestions.

Simon