Re: [Xen-users] Debian packages for xen3 + kernel images for dom0/U

> I had exactly the same problem on a very different machine (VIA EPIA
> board with a Nehemia CPU) when I used a 2.6.12.6-xen kernel built with
> the dom0 defconfig. I don't remember exactly what caused this problem (I
> think it was USB related), but building my own kernel with only the
> hardware enabled that was really present did solve the problem and now
> the system is up and running stable for almost two weeks. Don't give up
> yet (you'll definitely miss something ;-) ), as soon as you get it
> running it works very well.

Thanks all for your support.  In the end it was just too much to try and
get the custom kernel with Compaq Array cciss support built.  I
downloaded and installed Fedora Core 5 test2 and and getting a Xen 3
dom0 up and running on it has been as easy as "yum install
kernel-xen-hypervisor.i686 xen"  Even if I had eventually managed to get
a compile to successfully complete (which I doubt) the fact that it was
so incredibly brittle meant I wouldn't have really wanted to rely on it.
Hopefully someone will try to create a Debian Xen kernel with the
philosophy that as much hardware as possible should be supported -
including the full range of ATA, SATA, and SCSI controllers that may
serve as boot and root devices.