[Xen-users] Problems with debianbase.de xen-packages for sarge. Ralph ?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Problems with debianbase.de xen-packages for sarge. Ralph ?
From: Anders Johansson <anders@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:45:10 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:54:20 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi !

I just installed debian sarge and the debianbase xen3 packages.

My hardware
HP Proliant 330
2.5GB ram
raid5 Smart Array 641 (4 disks)

xen:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://packages.debianbase.de/sarge/i386/xen3 ./
deb-src http://packages.debianbase.de/sources/xen3 ./
deb http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian/ stable main
deb-src http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian/ stable main
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main

xen:~# cat /etc/xen/sarge1.cfg
kernel = "/boot/xen-3.gz"
memory = 128
name   = "sarge1"
disk = [ 'file:/home/xen/domains/sarge1/disk.img,sda1,w','file:/ home/xen/domains/sarge1/swap.img,sda2,w' ]
root   = "/dev/sda1 ro"
dhcp="dhcp"

xen:~# cat /var/log/xend-debug.log
ERROR: Not a Xen-ELF image: '__xen_guest' section not found.
ERROR: Error constructing guest OS
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/xen/xend/server/ SrvDomainDir.py", line 77, in op_create
    dominfo = self.xd.domain_create(config)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/xen/xend/XendDomain.py", line 226, in domain_create
    dominfo = XendDomainInfo.create(config)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/xen/xend/ XendDomainInfo.py", line 182, in create
    vm.initDomain()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/xen/xend/ XendDomainInfo.py", line 1190, in initDomain
    channel_details = self.image.createImage()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/xen/xend/image.py", line 115, in createImage
    return self.createDomain()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/xen/xend/image.py", line 134, in createDomain
    result = self.buildDomain()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/xen/xend/image.py", line 183, in buildDomain
    ramdisk        = self.ramdisk)
error: (0, 'Error')

xen:~# cat /boot/grub/menu.lst
default         0
timeout         5
color cyan/blue white/blue

title        Xen 3.0.0 - Linux 2.6.12.6-xen
kernel /boot/xen-3.0.0.gz dom0_mem=262144 console=tty0 module /boot/xen-linux-2.6.12.6-xen root=/dev/ cciss/c0d0p1 ro
             module      /boot/xen-modules-2.6.12.6-xen nousb
- -----

the Guest is installed with xen-tools.

could it be the guest-kernel ? its the kernel from the debianbase.de package.

Any suggestions would be great !

- --
Anders Johansson
Anykey Solutions
Security/Network/Computer/Administration
E-Mail: anders@xxxxxxxxx
Cellphone: +46 (0)708494996
Office: +46 (0)13 73244
Fax: +46 (0)13 73190