[Xen-devel] Xen SR-IOV core patches

Greetings,

The latest SR-IOV core patches for the native Linux kernel are backported
to Xen/Dom0. I planed to do it after they are applied on the native kernel
tree, however, Xen 3.4 is going to freeze. I had to ask Keir to take the
SR-IOV patches for 3.4 so it wouldn't disappoint a lot of people who are
expecting the SR-IOV support in 3.4 release. Since the SR-IOV patches for
the native kernel have been reviewed by some key kernel developers during
a long development time cycle, the SR-IOV Physical Function driver API is
stable and will not cost any extra porting effort for people who want to
develop the Physical Function driver for both Xen/Dom0 and native Linux.

The SR-IOV core patches backported to Xen/Dom0 are:
  PCI: initialize and release SR-IOV capability (hg c/s: 822)
  PCI: restore saved SR-IOV state (hg c/s: 823)
  PCI: reserve bus range for SR-IOV device (hg c/s: 824)
  PCI: centralize device setup code (hg c/s: 825)
  PCI: add SR-IOV API for Physical Function driver (hg c/s: 826)

Following patches are not backported:
  PCI: handle SR-IOV Virtual Function Migration
  * This is for using the SR-IOV in conjunction with the MR-IOV. It won't
    be needed until the MR-IOV is fully supported.
  PCI: document SR-IOV sysfs entries
  * The sysfs ABI document, which has a gap between the upstream and
    the Dom0 kernels. So please use the latest upstream kernel ABI
    document instead before Dom0 switches to the pv_ops kernel.
  PCI: manual for SR-IOV user and driver developer
  * The PCI subsystem document, same as above.

 drivers/pci/Kconfig      |    9
 drivers/pci/Makefile     |    2
 drivers/pci/pci.c        |    9
 drivers/pci/pci.h        |   49 ++++