Re: [Xen-devel] NR_PIRQS vs. NR_IRQS

To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] NR_PIRQS vs. NR_IRQS
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:41:26 +0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:41:48 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PIRQs are actually a different namespace. They aren't necessarily 1:1
mapped. Hence NR_PIRQS and NR_IRQS not really same thing.

Yes, I'm sure with a bit of finessing we could have NR_IRQS != NR_VECTORS.
I'm sure there'll be some barking NUMA box down the road that will require
something like that, but thankfully not so far.

 -- Keir