Re: [Xen-devel] [FW: FYI: The plan for Xen kernels in Fedora 9]

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [FW: FYI: The plan for Xen kernels in Fedora 9]
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 21:38:49 +0000
Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 13:40:11 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> In the spirit of improving communication of Fedora Xen plans to the world,
> below is a mail I recently circulated in the Fedora community about the
> direction for Xen-ified kernels from Fedora 9 and onwards.
>
> The short story, is that we intend to ship hypervisor & userspace based on
> Xen 3.2.0 tree, and a kernel based on latest LKML pv_ops tree and patches
> ontop of that to support Dom0 and x86_64. With some short term pain and
> instability, we hope to get significant long term benefits for support of
> Xen Linux kernels.

Sounds like the best possible and longterm-sustainable plan and good for
everybody involved.

Question: do the dom0-compatibility patches have any chance of getting into
kernel.org?  Or would they continue to live as a patchset?

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!