Re: [Xen-devel] Time went backwards

On 10 Mar 2006, at 17:33, Rik van Riel wrote:

To that end, it would be interesting to see if after the first do-while
loop in timer_interrupt(), you can end up with sched_time >
(processed_system_time + delta).

If so, we could end up running per-cpu processed_system_time ahead of
current system time and so get -ve delta the *next* time we run
timer_interrupt().

In my observations, delta is always positive.  It is cpu_delta
which goes negative.  I'll go count the cpu specific deltas and
will check to see if they are larger than the system wide delta.

Yeah, sorry, I was being sloppy in my terminology. I think comparing stolen/blocked delta values with cpu_delta would be useful -- see if those are bigger than we'd expect and pushing per-cpu processed time too far forward.

 -- Keir