RE: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Xen Virtual Framebuffer

To: "Gerd Knorr" <kraxel@xxxxxxx>, "Anthony Liguori" <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Xen Virtual Framebuffer
From: "Petersson, Mats" <mats.petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 11:59:39 +0100
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 11:00:49 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Actually, since I worked 2 years at a graphics chip manufacturer, doing
2D driver work, I would say that the "pure" 2D accelleration may well be
gone, but a lot of accelleration can still be had from using the 3D
engine to do 2D work...

But then again, most 2D work is pretty quick even if you do it by pretty
simple means (memcpy-type operations), so yes, doing OpenGL/3D
accelleration would probably be more meaningfull.

--
Mats