Re: Multiple netif device channels (was Fw: [Xen-devel] Xen on /. again)

> That's fine. Yeah, i marked the backend domain as a netif domain, started
> it up, inserted the domain ID into the config for the frontend domain
> (hassle, but necessary as the current code only takes an ID, and not a
> name), and started up the frontend domain. The additional interface showed
> up in the frontend domain, but nothing appeared in the backend.

Remind me: is the frontend having netifs attached to two different backends?
What happens if you try to attach both netifs to the driver domain (not
dom0)?

Hmmm, that's strange.  I'm surprised the additional interface showed up in one
but not the other but I'm not familiar with the support for multiple netifs.

Mike: any idea what might cause this behaviour?  Is this known not to work?

Do you have any experience in the Xend guts?  You could try turning on tracing
at the top of messages.py and observe exactly what control interface messages
are being sent.  This is likely to be quite tedious but may allow you to
infer what information about netifs is flowing between the domains.  You may
also want to instrument the probing code in netfront.c and netback.c.

Sorry not to be more helpful,
Mark