Re: [Xen-users] New to Xen

To: Christian Motschke <christian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] New to Xen
From: Andrew Wells <agwells0714@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 13:01:41 -0500
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 10:12:20 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I started with xen on centos. But moved to xcp the free xenserver6 (mostly for xencenter) I think you will find xcp/xenserver to be the more fully featured system but you will pretty much choke on the documentation, but its there. The documentation provided by citrix for xenserver works for the most part for xcp.

Protip: the commands in xenserver ( and xcp afaik ) tab complete which helps with the learning curve.

Happy hunting

On Nov 9, 2011 12:45 PM, "Christian Motschke" <christian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 09.11.2011 um 18:05 schrieb admin@xxxxxxx:

> Yes I spent a two days before coming here trying to get a feel for what is necessary.
I can't imagine what you have read in those 2 days, but if you only spend one hour in numerous threads on this mailing list, you would have found the answer to your questions.

> The web resources are sketchy and pretty inconsequential.
>
> If you search the web, you will find most new to Xen is looking for a  distro with Dom0, so that they can concentrate on figuring out the rest. It immediately resonated with  me as the logical step.
> I just echoed that sentiment.
> The response by Nick Kamis and Sehr Geehrter Herr Dettenbach, is an unnecessarily uncouth slap through the face no one  deserves.
And where is the apology for _your_ rude reaction? You has not only responded but offended all (at least germans) on the list.

> I strongly suggest those who are tired dealing with new users create a new usergroup for advanced users and you all go there, and let (new to Xen) users have a Xen group they can help each other at their level.

> The name Xen-users group is deceiving based on the level of support you are willing to give newcombers.
> We all have to start somewhere and most of you forgot that.
>
> Except for the two constructive responses I received from Aaron and Andrew, the group serves no purpose for someone new to Xen.
A user group is not only for asking questions, you are also wellcome to read the answers to that qestions.

> You cannot have it both ways attacking new users who ADMIT in the first line of their posts to be new to Xen and then expect that new users will take up Xen.
> I honestly don't understand what you want to achieve other than to alienate new users from Xen.
>
> If the two people who succeeded to  troll with me did not pull their triggers, there would have been three posts total period.. wouldn't that be nice?
>
> See where we are now... count the mails.
So I hope, this was your last post.