Re: [Xen-users] Re: Proposal for a xen-users(/devel?) netiquette

At 2006-09-26 13:46 +0200, Henning Sprang wrote:
On 9/19/06, Henning Sprang <henning_sprang@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
With an increasing amount of mails coming through this list, there's
also an increasing amount of emails which not conform to netiquette as
it is known to long-time usenet and mailing list users
but obviously not to people new to mailing lists, free software and Linux.

I finally set up the netiquette in the qiki and wrote them together,
incorporating the discussion we had:

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenUsersNetiquette

I'll contact the xensource people (in case noone of them is readin
this already) to ask if they can add these rules to the official list
subscription page.

Henning

Editorial:

Missing blank line between points 1. and 2.
Last line of point 6. "you" instead of "your".

Content:

Point 9. needs expanding from the point of view of an email client user. "Thread" is not an email client concept (or at least not in either of my clients, eudora and kmail). For responding to lists I normally hit "reply to all" which is what is encouraged on the "wine users" list. Is this right or wrong for this list?

Geoff Streeter