Re: [Xen-users] Improve performance of domain U

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Improve performance of domain U
From: "saptarshi naha" <naha80@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 22:52:32 +0530
Cc: Steffen Heil <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 10:23:27 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey all...thanks for the awesome replies.

> So if I understand correctly, if i use GNBD i should not put swap.
> Does iSCSI work better then GNBD and would I be able to put
> swap and improve performance?

No, I am saying that it would be better to have swap on a real local
harddrive. Neither GNBD nor iSCSI.

Now the question is with swap being on the LVM(/dev/sda2), will there
be any problem with my migration using GNBD? I am running my GNBD on
the domain 0 and export the drives and then import on the other
server.

> Also I wanted to know if there are any good xen managment
> tool available. I got enomalism. Has anyone tried this? Or is
> there any other good xen management tool?

command line xen. :D

I also love the xm tool :) But want kindda want some other management tool.

Regards,
Naha