Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 on Ubuntu Dapper

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 on Ubuntu Dapper
From: Tom Marshall <tommy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:38:38 -0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 23:52:09 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> In case anyone is interested, I'm trying to port the the Ubuntu Dapper
> kernel to Xen.  I can see two options: (1) revert the kernel back to 3.0.1
> compatibility, or (2) update the tools to tip.  Both seem to be nontrivial.
> I'm currently attempting the former because Dapper uses 2.6.15 as a base,
> but I have a feeling that the latter may prove a better course.

Just a quick update (sorry for the spam, I'm hoping at least a couple folks
are interested in Xen 3.x on Dapper...)

I got kernel 2.6.15 up and running on Dapper using version 16045
(16045:7b8ab50c2b04) with the Xen 3.0.1 tools.  I'm not really familiar with
driving Mercurial, nor the Xen history.  So I would like to ask if this is a
good version to start with, or whether a later version (compatible with
3.0.1 and based on 2.6.15 if possible) would be a better starting point.

I'll be trying to merge this with the Dapper changes.  If there is any
interest in this project, I can send out another message with a link to my
merged code when I'm done.  If not, please accept my apologies for the
interruption.