[Xen-users] Intel/VT success :-)

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Intel/VT success :-)
From: Thorolf Godawa <nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 14:22:27 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 13:34:36 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

finaly I had success getting running VMX-guest on Intel/HT.

Thanks to everybody who helped me and answered my questions!

One thing was getting SLES 10.0 Beta3 with working XEN-support, then
using only the i386 without PAE (PAE is not yet supported in XEN 3.0,
and the x86-64-Version of SLES is not yet there) and finaly the
understanding that you have to free memory of the xen0-domain before
starting the VMX-xenU-domains - the paravirt. Linux-xenU-domains seems
to take there memory from the xen0-domain by themselves and it was
working like that.

Beside the the stability not is perfectly and the sometimes the
Linux-xenU-domains are hanging while booting I still have some problems:

If I connect via VNC to a W2k3-guest everything is working, but the
mouse-cursor in the guest is always far away from the cursor in the host
and the reaction-time is very bad. I tried this with VNC-viewers for
Linux, OS/2 and even Windows, but always the same result!

With every boot I get the "TLS-warnig", but in the installation there is
no /lib/tls-directory. How can I avoid this warnig and are there still
some performance-problems?

I'm not able to migrate domains using the "xm migrate", I can save and
restore domains even if I restore the on a different host, but mirgrate
doesn't work.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot for your help!
--

Chau y hasta luego,