[Xen-users] Re: What's the magic to compile a unified dom0 and domU kern

Ted Kaczmarek schrieb:
> The kernel for a dum0 and domU are very different.

I know, but it is possible to build one that fits dom0 and domU.

> If you want exact differences pour over the source code, hell just diff
> the two tree's for that matter.

I think my main problem is that I'm no native english speaker, so I may
not be able to describe my problem like I would like to.
I don't understand what you mean by "two trees" of source code. I use
ONE kernel source tree and TWO .config files. One is based on the SuSE
XEN kernel image (that works) and one is based on my non-XEN Debian
kernel config (doesn't work).
And I looked at diffs of that two .config files over and over again and
set a lot of parameters from the SuSE one in the other (formerly non-XEN
Debian) .config file but I can't find the "magic" option that stops my
Debian based .config from producing a vmlinuz kernel image that can be
used for dom0 and domU (it works for dom0, but not for domU).
But I wrote that a lot of times now in my older posts, I really don't
know how to write that more clearer.

Greetings,
Markus