[Xen-users] Re: What's the magic to compile a unified dom0 and domU kern

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: What's the magic to compile a unified dom0 and domU kernel image?
From: Markus Schuster <ma.schuster@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 23:47:48 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:49:28 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Marcus Brown schrieb:
> You could use a dom0 kernel for both dom0 and domU.

Yes, that's actually what I want to to. But the default XEN dom0 config
includes much too less modules to be of any use for me. And the XEN
specific options (CONFIG_XEN*) are the same in my two configs and the
default XEN dom0 config.

> If compiling your own 'unified' kernel, make sure you
> make ARCH=xen menuconfig
> make ARCH=xen install (or whatever)

That's more or less what I did to get a kernel. I did:
# ARCH=XEN make clean
# ARCH=XEN make menuconfig
# ARCH=XEN make vmlinuz
# ARCH=XEN make modules
# ARCH=XEN make modules_install

In general I know how to compile a XEN kernel, but there must be some
difference between my two configs that I don't realize to be important
for XEN.

Greetings,
Markus