Re: [Xen-users] relation between vcpu and domain

To: Miguel Filipe <miguel.filipe@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] relation between vcpu and domain
From: Diwaker Gupta <diwaker.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:53:30 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 18:52:34 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  what you've said basically is a discription of a design to comprise that a
> VPU belongs to only one domain, but each domain can have several VPUs..
>  Why should a VPU migrate? From that description I would assume that VPUs
> don't migrate from domain.. but they (possibly) can be removed from a domain
> has long has this stays with at least one VPU, and can be added to a domain,
> if such vpu isn't assigned to a domain yet...

Not the VPU, I was suggesting perhaps the domain migrates from one
VCPU to another.

>  If that's true, there wouldn't be SMP for domains, since they are
> assossiated with only one VPU.

I thought SMP support for guests was still not functional. AFAIK,
domains are still pinned to a single CPU. Am I wrong?

It'll be great if someone with more authoritative knowledge can shed a
light on this :)

Diwaker
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net