Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.4.1 NUMA support

Dulloor wrote:
I am not finding this. Can you please point to the code ?
tools/python/xen/xend/XendDomainInfo.py (around line 2600)
with the core code being:
-------------
      index = nodeload.index( min(nodeload) )
      cpumask = info['node_to_cpu'][index]
  for v in range(0, self.info['VCPUs_max']):
      xc.vcpu_setaffinity(self.domid, v, cpumask)
--------------
The code got introduced with c/s 17131 and later got refined with c/s 17247 and c/s 17709.

numa=on/off is only for setting up numa in xen (similar to the linux
knob, but turned off by default). The allocation of memory from a
single node (that you observe) could be because of the way
alloc_heap_pages is implemented (trying to allocate from all the heaps
from a node, before trying the next one)
Yes, but if the domain is pinned before it allocated it's memory, then the natural behavior of Xen is to take memory from this local node.

- try looking at dump_numa
output. And, affinities are not set anywhere based on the node from
which allocation happens.
It is the other way round, first the domain is pinned, later the memory is allocated (based on the node to which the currently scheduled CPU is belonging to).

Regards,
Andre.

-dulloor