RE: [Xen-devel] Vt-d not working with 3.4.1

To: "Bonenkamp, Ralf" <ralf.bonenkamp@xxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Vt-d not working with 3.4.1
From: Ross Philipson <Ross.Philipson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:28:53 -0400
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 08:28:55 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> The interesting point is now that my system booted up fine with AND without
> iommu_inclusive_mapping=1!

Right, the discrepancies between the RMRRs and memory map may or may not cause
problems. The check which generates the message can only detect certain cases
and cannot determine whether it will actually cause a problem. When there is a
problem it is usually related to video card not having certain physical ranges
identity mapped into dom0 - this leads to a hang while dom0 is starting up.
Glad to hear that you are not having hangs.

Thanks
Ross