[Xen-devel] Re: [ANNOUNCE] virtbench now has xen support

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 12:14 +0200, Jan Michael wrote:
> Hi Anthony,
>
> On 15.05.2007, at 21:50, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> > I've just pushed an update that should disable this test for older
> > versions of glibc.  Would appreciate if you let me know whether
> > this fixed your build.
>
> That did the trick. Virtbench was sucessfully build on my system. I
> was also able to run virtbench in local mode but when I tried to run
> virtbench for xen I got the following error:
>
> <error>
> [root@lxdev19 virtbench-44dc217a9422]# KERNEL="/etc/xen/vmlinuz" ./
> virtbench xen --progress
> virtbench: Start command failed for xen
> </error>
>
> I already tried to investigate this error viewing the virtbench
> logfile which I specified in SETTINGS file. But the logfile was not
> created :-(.

This is a failure of the "xen/start" command.  I had this happen when
"/etc/init.d/xend restart" failed.  You can probably comment that line
out if you're already running Xen (perhaps xen's init scripts are
flaky).

Thanks for the report!
Rusty.