Re: [Xen-devel] PCI quirks with via82xx soundcard / sysfs paths

To: Mario Manno <m.manno@xxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] PCI quirks with via82xx soundcard / sysfs paths
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:56:31 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:56:59 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 15/10/06 16:52, "Mario Manno" <m.manno@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm trying to get a via82xx onboard soundcard working in a domU.
> So far it only works, if I enable permissive mode with:
> echo "Y" > /sys/module/pciback/parameters/permissive
> I still can't hear any sound, but the modules load fine and i can use
> the alsamixer. (which most likely is unrelated to xen)
>
> I tried to use xend-pci-quirks.sxp, but the python script fails, because
> there is no /sys/bus/pci/drivers/pciback/quirks.
>
> Adding the card to /sys/bus/pci/drivers/pciback/permissive fails with:
> Error: pci: failed to open/write/close permissive sysfs node: [Errno 13]
> Permission denied: '/sys/bus/pci/drivers/pciback/permissive'

Current pciback driver does not have the 'permissive' module option. Since
yours does, and does not have the replacement 'permissive' and 'quirks'
sysfs files, you must be running an out-of-date domain0 kernel (or at least
the pciback module is out of date).

Check the build time of your kernel!

 -- Keir