RE: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.0 Status update

To: "aq" <aquynh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.0 Status update
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:52:46 +0100
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:51:17 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > We need to complete the XenBus/XenStore switchover. Block
> devices are
> > basically done
>
> Have it checked in yet?

The code to switch block devices over isn't checked in yet, the rest of
it is. It's not quite ready for checking in yet, but I think it got
posted to xen-tools.

> > There are a bunch of small outstanding tools issues we need
> to address:
> >  * sanitize all the xm commnds to give them consistent naming and
> > parameters
> >  * test error paths
> >  * split console from xend and replace control messages with XenBus
> > (1st part complete)
> >  * fix output of 'xm info'
>
> oops, i will re-submit the patch to show xen version. but
> what is wrong with "xm info" at the moment?

Last time I looked, we weren't exporting all the information available
e.g. num logical cpus, num nodes, sockets per node. Also we should
export the Xen architecture as {x86_32, x86_32p, x86_64} rather than
reporting the dom0 architecture.

Also, please can you repost you dom0-mem-min and dom0-num-cpus patch to
the list for general review.

Thanks,
Ian