Re: [Xen-devel] Re: 1850/2850 hangs under I/O load

On 14 Jul 2005, at 11:29, Keir Fraser wrote:

Are you sure you fixed up unstable properly, and definitely were running the fixed up version? It would be quite surprising if that fix worked for xen2 but not for xen3!

I just did some tests myself, and fixing that one use of set_affinity in pirq_guest_bind ought to be sufficient to get unstable working on your boxes.

I also just added a new boot parameter 'noirqbalance' to the 2.0-testing and unstable repositories. If you're using the latest version of either of those then just add that to Xen's command line instead of manually patching the code.

You can tell if you have a recent enough source tree: xen/arch/x86/irq.c will have a new opt_noirqbalance variable declared right at the top.

 -- Keir