Re: [Xen-devel] 2.0-testing.bk

> Probably some structure not set up correctly -- my guess might be the
> phys-to-machine mapping info that is supposed to get poked into the
> shared_info page by the unprivileged guest. It is a list of the page
> frames that make up the guest's p2m table. If you haven't init'ed it
> then the xm_save tool will probably try to map NULL and hence the
> error (Xen has low 1MB of memory marked as being an I/O page).

Thanks. I added the following:
    HYPERVISOR_shared_info->arch.pfn_to_mfn_frame_list = (unsigned
long)xen_phys_machine;
    HYPERVISOR_shared_info->arch.mfn_to_pfn_start = (unsigned
long)xen_machine_phys;

xen_phys_machine is start_info->mfn_list an xen_machine_phys is
(1008 << 22)

I'm now seeing:
(XEN) (file=/t/niners/users/xen/xen-2.0-testing.bk/xen/include/asm/mm.h,
line=157) Error pfn 00073000: ed=fc5f8040, sd=00000000, caf=00000000,
taf=0000000a

I know that comes from this:
        if ( unlikely((x & PGC_count_mask) == 0) ||  /* Not allocated?
*/
             unlikely((nx & PGC_count_mask) == 0) || /* Count overflow?
*/
             unlikely(d != domain) )                 /* Wrong owner? */
        {
            DPRINTK("Error pfn %08lx: ed=%p, sd=%p, caf=%08x,
taf=%08x\n",
                    page_to_pfn(page), domain, d,
                    x, page->u.inuse.type_info);
            return 0;
        }

But maybe you'll know off the top of your head what is wrong?

                        -Kip