Re: [Xen-devel] More on networking hang

To: Rob Gardner <rob.gardner@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] More on networking hang
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 08:45:45 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 08:47:12 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xen-br0: port 3(vif2.0) entering learning state
> xen-br0: port 3(vif2.0) entering forwarding state
> xen-br0: topology change detected, propagating
> ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
> ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.

As I suspected in a previous email, you're using an old
configuration file where Linux's connection tracking was enabled
by default.

Linux's connection tracking code seems to remain active and slow
things down even if you're not using it. That's why I changed the
config option into 'module' rather than 'yes' several weeks back.

Ian