Re: [Xen-devel] Has 3.0.3 been released?

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 01:51:05PM +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:

> > The sparse tree has been an enourmous pain in the neck for me and many
> > others.  If all that pain is outweighed by quicker cloning of Linux
> > repos, then you must do that much more often than I can imagine.
>
> Yes we do. One option is for us to keep a private sparse tree and have a
> script that pulls out patches and applies them to a public full
> Linux tree.

Yes please! I've been using such a script locally since linux-2.6-xen
has gone stale and it works very well, but I'd rather linux-2.6-xen
returned to life. I'll be happy to help maintain it (automatically
push changes to it and/or make sure the script keeps
working). Unfortunately for various reasons I can't host such a tree
myself, or I would've done so already.

Cheers,
Muli