Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot create a vnet

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 03:34:53PM +0900, Watanabe Takehiko wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I'm trying to create a vnet, but always failed.
> Did anyone succeed to create it?
>
> [Snip]

> #xm vnet-create vnet97.sxp
> Error: method "xend_vnet_create" is not supported
> Usage: xm vnet-create <ConfigFile>
>
> Create a vnet from ConfigFile.
>
> #xm  vnet-list -l
> Error: method "xend_vnets" is not supported
> Usage: xm vnet-list [-l|--long]
>
> List Vnets.
>   -l, --long                     List Vnets as SXP

This looks like the vnet stuff has been lost from the messaging layer, when
moving from SXP to Anthony's XML-RPC implementation.  vnet is not widely used,
and not well tested (obviously).

You have a couple of options:

1. Make xm talk the old protocol, not the newer one.  This would involve
modifying xen.xend.XendClient to look like it used to, many moons ago.  Look
through the change history to see what it ought to look like.

2. Add the messaging layer support to Xend.  This would involve modifying
xen.xend.server.XMLRPCServer to support the vnet messages.  This should be
little more than plumbing them through to xen.xend.XendVnet.

3. Wait for Xen 3.0.4 -- I'll make sure that this gets fixed properly for
3.0.4.

Cheers,

Ewan.