Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [patch rfc 1/3] xen arch header rework.

  Hi,

> A generic script that can read in public header files, parse according to
> the rules of one architectural ABI and spit out header files matching the
> rules of another ABI is definitely a good thing. If it can also generate the
> offset/size statistics for any given ABI then that's even better. Basically,
> it would be good to centralise all this scripting intelligence in one place,
> rather than scatter hacks all over the place. This script looks like a
> plausible starting point.

It's intentionally not generic because I'll intend to translate only
stuff which needs translation and not pipe everything through the
script.  One can try to move these bits (i.e. the @structs array) to
some configuration file, I'm not sure that is worth the trouble though.

I can fit it into the xen/include/public subtree so the generated header
files are available to everyone and not just private to libxc if that is
the way we'll plan to go.

cheers,

  Gerd

--