RE: [Xen-users] Home Xen hypervisor for master's project

> Hi Joseph, guys,
>
> I must say that ECC is kinda market bull. I did used ECC enabled server
> and regular servers built from consumer parts. I've noticed no
> difference whatsoever.

You do understand what ECC is right? It's not a performance thing, it's an
error detection/recovery mechanism.

When everything is working properly you won't notice a thing. When you get a
single bit memory error you shouldn't notice any problems apart from a message
about a faulty memory module which you can then replace. When you get a double
bit memory error you'll know that you've had a memory error instead of getting
a random crash or data corruption problem with no idea of the cause.

I've seen ECC catch memory errors a few times, so people aren't just making
this stuff up.

James