RE: [Xen-users] iscsi vs nfs for xen VMs

> iSCSI tipically has a quite big overhead due to the protocol, FC, SAS,
> native infiniband, AoE have very low overhead.

For iSCSI vs AoE, that isn't as true as you might think. TCP offload can
take care of a lot of the overhead. Any server class network adapter
these days should allow you to send 60kb packets to the network adapter
and it will take care of the segmentation, while AoE would be limited to
MTU sized packets. With AoE you need to checksum every packet yourself
while with iSCSI it is taken care of by the network adapter.

James