Re: [Xen-users] Paravirtualization

Hi again,

Am Donnerstag, den 04.11.2010, 16:39 +0000 schrieb Dermot:
> On 4 November 2010 14:53, Thomas Halinka <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am Donnerstag, den 04.11.2010, 13:16 +0000 schrieb Dermot:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am new to virtualisation and am a bit lost.

> > and ur done
>
> I am indeed. Thank you very much. Does paravirtualisation always
> require a network install?

There are a lot of install-method for PV-Guests, like

- copy existing /-FS
- unpack /-FS-tarballs
- debootstrap / febootstrap /rinse
- yum / rpm
- xen-tools (which is a wrapper around the above-mentioned tools)
- net-install throught d-i, kickstart, whatever
- and so on....

> And why?

PV-Guests have no boot-order, so u cant boot a PV-Guest from a CD. So
the point is to have a xen-compatible Kernel (+ initrd) with "some
instructions what to do next, e.g. start an installation or
start /sbin/init from somewhere"....

> Thanx,
> Dp.

cu,