[Xen-users] New xen user, basic inquiries

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] New xen user, basic inquiries
From: fmb fmb <feedmb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:52:45 +0300
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 06:53:31 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I just started testing XEN on centos 5.3 host. I would like to know the preferable practice to store domu partitions. Currently I have one hard drive only, so I made 2 volume groups, one for the host OS and the other one (i.e. xen_vg) for domu. I wanted to make 5 domu instances, so I made 10 logical volumes -5 root (1G each) and 5 swap (256 MB each). I assigned each domu a root and swap partitions, and used yum and rpm to populate the partitions.

For my current setup, is this the best scenario?

I am thinking of adding a new hard dive for domu only, but I read somewhere that having the swap partitions on a separate hard drive is better, would you comment on this please?

I�ve had some messages during the boot time (4gb seg fixup...) and to remove them I was told to remove the tls libs, but I noticed that tls is already empty, so I am curious if this indicates improper installation of the domu instances?