Re: [Xen-users] Re: GPLPV 0.10.55 net misbehaviour

James Harper wrote:

> In a previous (unreleased) version there was a problem with the device
> stopping and starting - it would occasionally fail to stop the network
> adapter because it thought there were packets still to be sent or
> something. I thought I'd fixed that problem but it was occasional enough
> that it was hard to be sure that it was really fixed. I haven't seen it
> since though.
>
> Is it happening every time?

I do have a test VM that shows this when adding the gpvl net driver and
configuring it for the first time to static ip addresses, after that the
property dialog seems to work normal. I started installing gplpv-net
manually when I encountered this freeze problem, and IIRC the problem
was persistent when using the standard install, but my memory might
trick me.

I guess the device is stopped and started when changing from DHCP to
static, so there still might be an issue with presumed stuck packets.

Regards,
Andreas