Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.5 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

James Harper wrote:
Well... obviously the PV drivers should be running much better than the
HVM devices. I'm trying to fix the 'format' problem that was described
recently at the moment. I'll re-visit the performance issues shortly. I
suspect that on some systems, windows hands out lots of unaligned
buffers which will slow things down drastically. I'll try and put some
monitoring to catch when this occurs excessively and log something in
the event log. At least then I'll be able to get some feedback on if
these event log messages appear when performance is bad.

Can you tell me what systems you've measured performance on? Are they
all 'bad'?

So far tested with Win2k3 and Win2k8. One 32 bit one 64 bit I believe. I'll have to check again on monday, but so far it seems to be fairly constant.