RE: [Xen-users] GPL PV drivers in Windows Server 2008

To: "Onno Molenkamp" <onno@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] GPL PV drivers in Windows Server 2008
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:29:32 +1100
Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:30:11 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi.
>
> Op Monday 25 February 2008 11:45:48 schreef James Harper:
> > Can you put something like it in, eg GPLPV=1?
>
> No, you can only set predefined options. They all have a unique 32 bit
id
> (type) and a data type (format). In bcdedit you can also use display
names
> for most of the settings for easier editting.

Typical Microsoft. Take something nice and easy like boot.ini, and
replace it with something that you can't modify with a simple text
editor!

Could the custom values be in the registry somewhere? A search for
something like noexecute and fastdetect (assuming that is still the text
description of those options) might find something useful.

> The ver output on Windows Server 2008:
>
> Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
>
> And Vista:
>
> Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
>
> Please not that localized versions also translate the "Version"
string, eg
> Dutch version says "[versie 6.0.6000]" instead.

My install.bat does the following:

"
ver | find "Version 5.0." > nul
if %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 goto ver_2k
"

I guess I'll change it to something like:

"
ver | find " 5.0." > nul
if %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 goto ver_2k
"

Which should still work. Thanks for the tip. I have received a few
emails from a German (I think) guy but I don't speak the language so I
don't know what he was saying... maybe it was something about this...

James