RE: [Xen-users] Xen.org Blog Available

To: "Stephen Spector" <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen.org Blog Available
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:23:55 +1100
Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:24:33 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Xen.org Community:
>
> To further community interaction beyond our existing mailing lists, I
have
> launched a new Xen.org Blog site at http://67.207.140.65/ (soon to be
> http://blog.xen.org <http://blog.xen.org/> ). The blog site is open to
any
> community member wishing to discuss any Xen related concept or issue.
> Please keep all blog posts about the Xen hypervisor and related
technology
> and remember this is not a marketing or sales tool to promote your Xen
> solution. I look forward to reading the variety of topics posted on
Xen.

My concern with this is that the mailing lists are currently the place
do hold discussions on Xen related stuff... does this mean developers
need to monitor additional discussion areas too? Email has many
advantages over web sites for holding discussions.

Maybe I'm the only one with this opinion... if so I'll speak no further
:)

Can you please elaborate on the need you see the blog site filling, and
when it would be more appropriate to discuss something on a blog vs on
the mailing list?

James