[Xen-users] GPL PV drivers in Windows Server 2008

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] GPL PV drivers in Windows Server 2008
From: Onno Molenkamp <onno@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:37:55 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 01:38:28 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=simple/simple; d=flox.org; s=sentia; t=1203932276; bh=RAAl2pUzuM8XpDsWkykEe7cYIy7Eedgl4y3NrB2aUSc=; h=From:To:Subject:Date:User-Agent:MIME-Version:Content-Type: Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-Id; b=gCqOi8fc4tPYn5KdaIxguM/Hm7 fuF3Z+cv3vUuinjSvG/CMlrOPHwK7YBteI+51CYPkP+subhEbSJhu2MXcqrKn6om4Gh ed2GuDL4uqudQYvLrQQL99EZp1RrT10jjBJs651h/z8JhHaHOUYMqvNRuVhGSPTWM1F 0C2algfPUmw=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Is it possible to get the GPL PV drivers to work in Windows Server 2008? (or
Vista, which is probably the same from a kernel/driver point of view)

I installed the 0.8.1 drivers for 2003 in a 2008 DomU, and after some
complaints from Windows about them not being signed, they do seem to work
just fine when I add a new block or network device using xm
block-attach/network-attach.

However, with the new bootloader I can't pass the /GPLPV switch to the kernel
making it impossible to really use the drivers. Is there any other mechanism
to tell the drivers to activate, or does anyone know if it's possible to make
bcdedit/winload accept custom switches?

Onno