RE: RE: [Xen-users] How to disable xennet PV driver

James,

I was finally able to use your drivers on my test machines, and release
0.6.5 finally boots no problem.

I'm doing some tests around different scenarios I'll have in my lab, and at
least 1 thing seems not to be fine.

The scenario is as follows:
1- a server (Win 2k3 r2/sp2 - 1 cpu - x86) creates a series of files on its
D: drive. These files are big (around 2gigs each), and are basically zip
archives.
2- when finished, the server shuts down
3- the D: drive on that server gets mounted in another domain (same windows
version) in read-only mode, and this new server unzips some of those files
on its C: drive

It seems that, if I install the pv drivers on the second server when the D:
is not present in its domain configuration, and then update the domain
configuration to include it, the system tries to mount it with the "normal"
qemu drivers.
I tried mouting the drive as both ide or scsi, with no differences.
The system takes forever to boot, and it does not give you access to the
drive (it seems it's not connected); in the device manager, I can see that I
have 2 Xen vbd haddrives, and 2 scsi controllers.
I finally tried to disable the qemu provided scsi controller, leave only the
xen pv scsi active and reboot and everything started to work ok.

Maybe this is some problem with the device hider ?

Anyway, it's a great improvement (download times have improved by ca. 50%,
and cpu seems to be gone down too) and makes Xen much more usable.

Regards,

                                                         M.