RE: [Xen-users] The real 0.6.5 release of Windows PV drivers

To: "Stephan Seitz" <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] The real 0.6.5 release of Windows PV drivers
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 10:06:52 +1100
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 15:07:31 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> By now the whole dom0 left unusable, former configured bridge routing
is
> working
> as well as the other domU's are up and running.
> ... one shouldn't test at production environment ;)

No, one shouldn't :)

I test in a semi-production environment (there's a secondary mail server
running on the same Dom0).

Curiously, I'm testing an SMP problem reported by Jim Burns, and when
the SMP DomU crashed last night during the backup, it also crashed
another non-SMP Windows DomU on the same server. I think we've got some
ASSERT statements in the error path for xennet instead of handling
errors gracefully.

Early in development, I was able to hang the whole physical machine too,
but that hasn't happened in a while.

One thing I have noticed though is that when I first install the network
drivers in a windows DomU, Dom0 terminates all tcp connections, although
they can be re-established immediately. It might be something like that
the bridge thinks it has detected a loop.

James