Re: [Xen-users] Best way to convert pv to hvm?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Best way to convert pv to hvm?
From: Tony Hoyle <tmh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 10:28:40 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 02:26:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tim Post wrote:
Why not setup the hvm guests to use nfsroots with a brand spanking new
unpartitioned image as well? Just fdisk, format, copy over adjust
config / boot paramaters and reboot.

NFS just isn't practical given the network performance of a domu.
I'm trying to keep this as much in dom0 as possible to keep the downtime low.
It's
a one time operation but some of the servers are in use (not critical, but I
still get complaints if they're down too long).

Tony