[Xen-users] what to backup Xen partition with?

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] what to backup Xen partition with?
From: "Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina" <mihamina.rakotomandimby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 23:28:02 +0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 15:29:24 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,
I choosed to install my domUs on separate partitions.
All are "full virtualized" domUs.
I have 4 x 10GB to backup. Of course, the backup is done while the domains are
down.
The domains are 4 different Linux distributions I make tests on.
I might  brake some, and dont want to go more time thrgouh the install
process: I just want, if I brake the domU system, to just overwrite the
partition with the last known good configuration.
For the moment, the idea I apply is to "dd" the partition to a file and then
bzip2 it. for a first install, It goes from 10GB to 1GB (more or less,
depends on the distro).
But it's still too slow (dd+bzip2). Would you know another way to make
partition backups?

thank you